Re: SourceForge Project Approved (fwd)

Dan Nelson wrote:
>Edit your .lynxrc and change the cookie_accept_domains line to read:
>
>cookie_accept_domains= .sourceforge.net
>
>That should work.

That lets it accept cookies from that domain without asking.  That works;
I've experimented with that feature before.  The problem is that I
don't see any way to set the *default* behaviour.  The only way to get
the default to be to ignore cookies, AFAICT, is to use the command line
"-cookies" option, which disables *all* cookie handling, regardless of
the cookie_accept_domains setting.  Thus I can't get the behaviour I
want of (a) accept cookies from specific named domains but (b) ignore
cookies from all other domains.

I'm now experimenting with w3m.  I'm only just beginning to customise it,
so I shan't make any comment yet, except this.  I used to wish that Lynx
would handle tables properly, but now that I've seen the result I'm not
so sure.  Slashdot looks downright *weird* in that multiple column layout.
I'll shut up now (no doubt to the sound of ten thousand geeks muttering
"how could he not know all this time").

-zefram, web curmudgeon