Re: sourceforge.net CVS tree ready for use

Andrej Borsenkow <Andrej.Borsenkow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> typed:
:I successfully checked out and compiled Zsh from CVS. Congratulations!
:
:Offtopic: anybody knows, how to find out, what branch was checked out?
:And the date? I mean, now, when reporting problems, we need some way to
:refer to "CVS branch xxx checked out/updated at yyy"

If you didn't specify a branch then you're using the main branch (the trunk).
Otherwise you can find branch names by doing a ``cvs log -h <...>'' on some
existing file (provided it's branched).  Symbolic names with two numbers (one
dot) are names on the main branch (i.e. static tags).  Those with four (or
six or eight ...) numbers are branch tags.  If you're going to report a
problem for a branch (or the main trunk) then presumably you would have
updated your tree to be current.  Then the problem can be believed to be
existing at the time you post a problem report.

Regards,
--
Geoff Wing : <gcw@xxxxxxxxx>     Work URL: http://www.primenet.com.au/
Rxvt Stuff : <gcw@xxxxxxxx>      Ego URL : http://pobox.com/~gcw/