Re: updating development versions

Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> typed:
:- Adam set up a checked-out copy on sourceforge in
:/home/groups/zsh/zsh (the last zsh is the top-level CVS project
:directory).  I have updated this, and configured it to install under
:/home/groups/zsh, so developers might want to use /home/groups/zsh/bin
:in their path.  I had to install yodl here to get it to work.  This

OK, I've got no idea what you're referring to here.  I presume I don't
have access to this area?  yet?  I'm still getting the errors everyone
else is getting at the moment.  How about this 25 user limit:
FTP to our anonymous FTP space @ zsh.sourceforge.net.

        Login incorrect.

            *         Welcome to ftp.sourceforge.net             *

            Were sorry but weve reached our limit of 25 Concurrent
            Connections.  Please visit our website and Download from
            the faster httpd server.  http://sourceforge.net

            Thank you.

:Geoff, can you think of a simple, fairly automated way of getting
:something from sourceforge into ftp.zsh.org?  I can't imagine this is
:going to be too hard...  By the way, gcw is now in the zsh developer's
:group.  I still can't get into `change developer permissions'.

Shouldn't be too hard.  More a matter of how it should be signaled that
a new version needs to be checked-out and bundled.  Also, I haven't
looked into what needs to be done to bundle it.  e.g. run ``autoheader'',
``autoconf'', ``configure'' to make the Makefile to make the man pages.
What else?

:I haven't even looked at the anon FTP stuff at sourceforge yet.

See above.

Regards,
--
Geoff Wing : <gcw@xxxxxxxxx>     Work URL: http://www.primenet.com.au/