Re: bug in FAQ section 1.7?

On Apr 3,  2:29pm, Adam Spiers wrote:
} Subject: bug in FAQ section 1.7?
}
} sect(I don't have root access: how do I make zsh my login shell?)
}
}   If you have zsh in a subdirectory mytt(bin) of your home directory,
}   put this in .profile:
}               ^^^^^^^^

That only applies if your login shell isn't already zsh.  You can't use
it to switch from one version of zsh to another.

You can either use chsh to set your shell back to bash and then use
the .profile trick to invoke /home/groups/zsh/bin/zsh, or you can use
something like this in .zprofile:

typeset -U zsh
zsh=('' /home/groups/zsh/bin/zsh(|-)*(N))
if [[ $#zsh -ne 1 &&
	( $SHELL != $zsh[-1] || zsh-$ZSH_VERSION < $zsh[-1]:t ) ]] &&
    $zsh[-1] -fc 'exit 0'
then
    export SHELL=$zsh[-1]
    exec $SHELL -$-
fi

The above relies on the fact that zsh's "make install" puts both a `zsh'
and a `zsh-3.1.6-dev-21' into $bindir that are linked to each other.  I
haven't looked to see if /home/groups/zsh/bin/zsh/zsh-3.1.6-dev-21 is in
fact present on sourceforge; if it's not, the above at least won't go
into an infinite loop.