Re: zrecompile and removed functions

Andrej Borsenkow wrote:

> Removed functions are not handled gracefully:
>
> bor@itsrm2% zrecompile
> re-compiling /home/bor/.zsh.d/std.zwc: failed (missing files)
>
> This is the result of renaming _try and _loop.

It would be possible to make zrecompile be quiet when it can't find
one of the functions, but I don't like that -- which you can see by
the output above, it's printed explicitly by zrecompile.
The problem with silently ignoring missing files is exactly the
situation you encountered: the files may be renamed, so the zwc file
should really be rebuild anew...

> Is it possible to remove function definitions from wordcode file? In
> this case, something like "synchronise wordcode file with directories"
> comes in mind.

...and that's why I use `zrecompile -p' (a small wrapper function that
just calls zrecompile -p with the zwc files I want to keep up to
date). With that it's easy to make zwc files always contain things
like `all functions in directory ...'.

Bye
 Sven