Re: Function installation and wordcode files

Andrej Borsenkow wrote:

> If I have digest wordcode file, will Zsh check modtime of contained
> functions? I have std.zwc in fpath, that comtains all distributed
> functions. If any function is updated, will Zsh notice it?

No. You wouldn't want it to search the whole $fpath for every function
it has already found.

It does, however look at the definition file when it (automatically,
i.e. without it being in $fpath) finds a zwc file for one of the
directories in $fpath. So, if you have `.../Core' in $fpath and there
is a file `.../Core.zwc', it will automatically search that for
functions. If it finds it there, but the file `.../Core/foo' is
younger, it uses that.

> In case of frequent CVS updates one can easily forget to update wordcode
> file.

One of the reasons for `zrecompile -p':

  zrecompile -p -- .../std.zwc $^orig_fpath/*~*~(.)

or whatever...

Bye
 Sven