Two questions

I have been having trouble with configuring and make for some time
now...

1) We have this extra hack in configure to change config.status to
   treat filenames starting with `!' specially. This fails utterly for
   me, because it searches for a line where `ac_file_inputs' is
   assigned to -- and my config.status doesn't contain such a line.
   It always uses `$ac_given_srcdir/$ac_file_in'.
   Up to now I've always been hacking this by hand, but...

2) make distclean fails for me because it calls distclean twice in the
   Test directory -- and then the second one has no Makefile and I end
   up with the main directory un-cleaned.
   This can be fixed by removing:

	@cd Test && $(MAKE) $(MAKEDEFS) $@

   from the distclean-here target in the Makefile.in from the main
   directory. Is this correct or am I the only one with this problem?
   But somehow I think this is a result of the patch that added Test
   to SUBDIRS, yes?

Bye
 Sven