Re: How-to AIX + dynamic zsh?

The Corridor wrote:

> If someone has any of these working on AIX:
>    - dynamically loadable modules
>    - shared library for zsh itself
> email me directions of how you got it to work.

I have exactly that working and I haven't needed to do anything
particularly special to achieve it.

I have the following set in my .zshenv although you really shouldn't
need them.

export CC="/bin/cc"
export CFLAGS="-O2"
export LDFLAGS="-s"

If you are running csh or tcsh to build zsh, you will need to type
something like setenv CC "/bin/cc"

Unpack the zsh source and run configure. I tend to use a couple of
parameters like --enable-functions-subdirs and
--enable-etcdir=/usr/local/etc but these shouldn't make a difference.

When configure has finished, run make.

Which version of zsh are you trying to build? Exactly what errors or
problems do you come up against - with details of that I can probably
work out what the problem is? If you are compiling 3.1.6-dev-21, you
will need my small patch to utils.c which was in message #10519. All it
does is add mod_export to to the definition of utils.c - AIX needs an
explicit list of all symbols shared between separate shared libraries.

Oliver Kiddle