Re: PATCH: AIX dep.&doc fix; development guidelines

Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
>> But with e.g. my patch to Makefile.in, I mailed off the "cvs diff" output
>> and then waited for the patch to come back to me before committing, so I
>> could reference the article number in the commitlog.  It appears that Sven
>> has been doing this too.
>
>Yesss, most annoying... it means that I can't continue hacking on the
>next thing before the mail comes back. So zsh interrupts my real work
>more often and in smaller time slices.

This is obviously getting in the way of things.  I think we'll have to
abandon the ideal of having mailing list message numbers in commit log
entries and in ChangeLog entries (at least as initially committed).
Let's just each use our own sequence numbers, and rely on grep to tie
the CVS changes to the mailing list message.

-zefram