Re: PATCH: Re: Tags again

Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
> The manual says that the tags are tried `one after another'. I.e. it
> first offers globbed-files, if that fails directories, etc. It does
> *not* offer them all at once.

Eh?
       tag-order
              This  provides a mechanism for sorting how the tags
              available in a particular context will be used.

zsh 3.1.6-dev-21          April 2, 2000                        29

ZSHCOMPSYS(1)                                       ZSHCOMPSYS(1)

              The values for the style are  sets  of  space-sepa-
              rated  lists  of tags.  The tags in each value will
              be tried at the same time; if no  match  is  found,
              the next value is used.

Are you saying this doesn't apply to files?  Or that ordering in
file-patterns takes precedence?  Or that it's not supposed to work any more
(and if so, how do I get tags from other sources offered at the same time,
and why does it appear to be happening with all the various things in
command position)?  And if tag-order isn't useful with files, what's the
point of having to name the tags (which until a few hours ago was
compulsory)?

Now I'm immensely confused.

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>