Re: Show file modes in octal

Zefram wrote:
> Peter Stephenson wrote:
> >% zmodload stat
> >zsh: failed to load module: zsh/stat
> >
> >I didn't ask it to, and the stat module in the current directory is the
> >real one.  How is it finding the alias?
>
> The alias is implemented as a dependency.  Dependencies are still handled
> statically; I've been considering ways to keep dependency information
> in the module file, but not actually tried anything out yet.
>
> Yes, it's confusing.

Hmph.  I still prefer my original suggestion: make aliases an internal
matter under zmodload control.  That way the user has full control, can see
straight away what's aliased to what, can change it, isn't forced to load
files by a bolshie computer, can add aliases for compatibility purposes
unforeseen by the developers/installer, and doesn't have 100k of no-op
lying on the disk.

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Work: pws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx