Re: 3.1.6-dev-22

I wrote:

> As for my todo-list: only bug-fixing, the file-patterns stuff Peter
> has just `suggested' (or complained about if you prefer) and the
> function-moving-around which will happen before the final release, I
> think. Oh, and removing compconf().

After reading a bit in the guide...

We might have to change _wanted so that it does the real tag-loop,
too, not only the label-loop. That would make

  zstyle ':completion:*:*:foo:*' tag-order bar:baz bar

work everywhere. But it would require changing some of the completion
functions that use `_wanted ... && ...' and the like, but the fact
that the above sometimes isn't possible is just too confusing. I just
hadn't though of such a tag-order value.

Sigh.

But then it should also be possible to make _next_tags work with it.

About the file-patterns style: maybe we should just allow multiple
patterns per tag. I.e.:

  ... file-patterns '*.o:object\ files *(-/)'

would be the same as `... *(-/):files', using the default tag. If one
want to give multiple patterns for the same tag, one could always use
`(...|...)', right? And giving the same tag for different patterns as
in :

  ... file-patterns '*.foo:foobar *.bar:foobar'

would work, too. Most if not all of the things possible with this are
already possible (or will become possible if the change to _wanted is
implemented), but allowing it with file-patterns is probably easier to
understand.

Bye
 Sven