Re: Question

Sven Wischnowsky wrote:

> Andrej Borsenkow wrote:
>
> > Is there any way to scroll/page output? It would be even more
> > interesting ...
>
> No there isn't. I have a very faint memory of this question having
> come up before. I think the discussion stopped when we were thinking
> about everybody wanting her/his favourite pager key bindings being
> supported.

I would have thought it would be far better to allow people to use their
favourite pager (as taken from $PAGER) instead of trying to write a
simple pager. How compilcated would it be to make the listing code
output to a pipe instead. There is actually a few times when I would
have liked to pipe completion listings through a command so if this
implemented, it would be useful to be able to specify another command
(such as grep) to pipe the listing into.

Oliver