Re: Time for an obscure completion question

On Apr 11, 11:36am, Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
} Subject: Re: Time for an obscure completion question
}
} Bart Schaefer wrote:
}
} > foodatthe/    *at/ba
}
} I changed the completion code to at least partly handle the mixture of
} pattern-matching and match-specs some time ago. The patch comments out
} the match-spec-number test in _match. With that you get `foodatthe/ba'

That'll be close enough; thanks.

} > but [after C-x h] if I hit TAB the argument
} > gets erased and I'm left with
} >
} > zsh% cd
} >         ^ cursor here

This one is fixed now.

} > A similar thing happens here:
} >
} > zsh% cd *at/ba<TAB><C-e><TAB><TAB><TAB>
} > zsh% cd
} >          ^cursor
} >
} > The first TAB gives "foodatthe/ba" and lists two completions; I hit C-e to
} > break out of menu completion (is there a better way?) and TAB again which
} > gives me the correction "foodatthe/Bar/" and again lists two completions.
} > Hit TAB again and there's a feep; hit TAB a third time and the argument
} > vanishes, replaced by a space.  I would have expected it to just keep on
} > feeping at me for as long as I bang on tab.
}
} Both should be fixed now.

This second one still happens to me.  I've set a few more styles; what I
get now is:

zagzig[72] cd *at/ba<TAB><TAB>
zagzig[72] cd foodatthe/Bar/
Completing `local directories', `directories in cdpath', or `corrections'

There are no completions beneath the verbose output there.  At this point
if I hit TAB a third time, "foodatthe/Bar/" becomes " ".  I tried unsetting
cdpath, but that just changes the message to:

Completing `directory' or `corrections'

Here's the entire list of styles again:

zstyle :completion::complete:cd:: tag-order local-directories path-directories
zstyle ':completion:*' completer _oldlist _expand _complete _match _ignored _approximate _prefix
zstyle ':completion:*' file-sort modification reverse
zstyle ':completion:*' format 'Completing %d'
zstyle ':completion:*' group-name ''
zstyle ':completion:*' ignore-parents parent pwd ..
zstyle ':completion:*' list-colors ''
zstyle ':completion:*' match-original both
zstyle ':completion:*' matcher-list '' 'r:|[._-,]=* r:|=*' 'm:{a-zA-Z}={A-Za-z} r:|[._-,]=* r:|=*' 'r:|[._-,]=* r:|=* l:|=*'
zstyle ':completion:*' max-errors 2 numeric
zstyle ':completion:*' menu 'select=6'
zstyle ':completion:*' original true
zstyle ':completion:*' verbose true

And completion-related options (kshoptionprint format):

noalwayslastprompt    off
alwaystoend           on
noautolist            off
noautomenu            off