Re: zsh-3.1.6-dev-22 broken several ways on AIX

The Corridor wrote:

> Several problems show up in this snapshot:
> 1) -disable-dynamic no longer works, modules always seem to be enabled.

Are you sure they are enabled. zmodload tries to behave consistently so with dynamic modules disabled, zmodload will still list the available modules. Try zmodload zsh/stat - it should fail, then try zmodload zsh/sched and it should succeed.

I actually think that zsh should automatically load any modules which are compiled in such as sched.

I hadn't tried building a static zsh on AIX (3.2.5) for a long time but it still seems to work. In what way is your static zsh broken (or failing to build)?

Oliver Kiddle