Re: Should we backup this change? RE: Modifier substitutions.

> BTW where are these (#s) and (#e) useful? The patterns in parameter
> expansions are anchored by definition; the patterns in conditional
> expressions/case statements are anchored to full word as well. Could you
> provide example where you cannot do without (#s)/(#b)?

In alternatives.  Try reading the manual entry.

> In any case, this is additional argument in favour of backing out this
> change (assuming, that these (#s)/(#b) really work).

If they worked here it would certainly simplify substitutions; although
there are ways of doing most things with the existing anchors, they are
even less readable and memorable (and that's saying something).

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cambridge Silicon Radio, Unit 300, Science Park, Milton Road,