Re: Intercepting commands before they're run

> } [...] maybe we should let preexec return an exit code to say the command
> } should not be run [...]
>
> I think I suggested that at one point, but I don't recall whether there
> was any discussion.

My worry about this (and similar schemes with hooks) is that it's a little
bit too easy for the user to get into a state where the shell won't do
anything at all.  Aside from that it's a reasonable idea and wouldn't take
much writing.

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cambridge Silicon Radio, Unit 300, Science Park, Milton Road,