Re: Questions

Peter Stephenson wrote:
>Would people rejoice or complain if we had this on by default (other
>settings permitting)?

I'd like it.  I've often cursed at too-long completion listings that (a)
take a long time to scroll past at 9600 baud (well that was a while ago)
and (b) aren't readable because they've scrolled past.  And I've often
used completion listing to get a quick directory listing; having that
work for more than one screenful would be good.

My only real concern here is that the pager shouldn't get in the way of
normal typing.  What I'd like is that repeated <tab>s show successive
pages of listing, after the <tab> that shows the first page.  That seems
intuitive to me, but it might be difficult to fit in with the form of
menu completion where the first match is inserted at the same time the
list is shown.  Not to mention the case of an explicit list requested
during completion.  That needs some thinking about.

-zefram