Re: PATCH: scrolling completion lists (was: Re: Questions)

> As you have seen I haven't added styles for any of this yet, but I'm
> planning to do so. Maybe just the obvious `select-status' (or should
> that be in the menu style with `status=...'? harder to parse...),
> `list-status' (`list-prompt' might be a better name, for the
> parameter, too), and `select-scroll' (or maybe put that into the
> menu-style, too).

Maybe select-prompt is more consistent than select-status, which implies a
returned value, although it should be the same as the parameter.

It occurs to me that you can display other stuff in this prompt, e.g. info
about the currently selected file in menu-select mode.  But that's nothing
to do with scrolling.

> Default values could then be defined as defaults for the style(s),
> that's probably what you suggested.

Yes, I think that would be OK.

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cambridge Silicon Radio, Unit 300, Science Park, Milton Road,