Re: PATCH: new _print and thoughts on _arguments mutexes

Oliver Kiddle wrote:
>That is useful. On the debian system here, there is a readlink(1). Is
>that common on Linux?

I don't see one on Red Hat.  But there's this really neat shell that has a
`stat' command...

>lrwx------    1 kiddleo  kiddleo        64 Apr 19 16:35 10 -> /dev/pts/0

Fantastic, isn't it.  I just saw this full-pathname behaviour for the
first time today; last time I had looked (2.0, I think) it just gave
device and inode numbers.

>lr-x------    1 kiddleo  kiddleo        64 Apr 19 16:35 11 -> pipe:[111653]
>
>Does anyone know what the significance of the 111654 and 111653 is.

Different from all other pipes?

>I convert them into anything useful like the PID of the coprocess.

No way.

-zefram