Re: PATCH: bugfixes for _rpm and _hash

Adam Spiers wrote:

> Adam Spiers (adam@xxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> > Bart Schaefer (schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> > > Take that "$expl[@]" out of there, you don't need it and it's ultimately
> > > causing an empty string as an argument to _files.
> >
> > Ahah.  In that case is _hash wrong?  It has
> >
> >   _wanted -C value values expl 'executable file' _files "$expl[@]" -g '*(-*)'
> >
> > which seems to exhibit the same problem.
>
> As soon as someone confirms this, I'll apply this patch, which makes
> things work as expected.

I don't know rpm, so I can only talk about the other stuff.

It is ok, but you don't need to use _wanted for _files if you don't
need to change the context (i.e. if you don't need to give the -C
option to _wanted as _hash does). _files is one of the functions that
does everything you need (like the other type-of-matches functions,
e.b. _pids, _options and so on).

About the $expl[@] stuff... sorry for that, I think I should take the
time to look at all the completion functions again to see if such bugs
are somewhere else, too. Sigh.

Bye
 Sven