Re: PATCH: _history_complete_word

Adam Spiers wrote:

> Just noticed another new quirk with h-c-w now.  I have:
>
>   zstyle ':completion:*:descriptions' format '%B---- %d%b'
>   zstyle ':completion:*:history-words' stop verbose
>   zstyle ':completion:*:history-words' remove_all_dups yep
>
> The first time I press M-/ the message `---- history word' appears,
> which means that I have to press it twice to get the first match,
> which shouldn't really happen unless the `list' style is turned on.
> How can this be fixed?

I haven't really tried, but I guess this is a result of $historywords
now containing the words from the current command line, too.

In that case "${(@)historywords[2,-1]}" should do the job (see also
Felix' 10894).

> Incidentally, there may still be other outstanding issues with h-c-w
> which I've been meaning to look at for ages but now everything's
> changed so much, I'm not sure I know whether anything needs doing
> about it.  In particular, I'm thinking of what Sven and Bart discussed
> in 8336 and 8341.

No doubt you've been following the discussion with Felix (10894,
10907, 10951). That reminded me of what I said in 8341, too (although
I wouldn't have been able to come up with that number ;-).

Bye
 Sven