Re: Proposed _history completer

On Apr 28,  9:20am, Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
}
} Bart Schaefer wrote:
}
} > I think having a way to chop a string into shell words -- something like
} > what you did for copy-prev-shell-word -- would be more effective.
}
} [...] some parameter flag, most likely. Hm, s and S are taken,
} so are c and C. We could use `=' but that would probably be too
} irritating.

Hrm.  How would a parameter flag do this on an array?  Parse each word
separately?

Hrm, again; maybe the way to do this is with a modifier rather than a
flag.  :S is available, and it'd be kinda fun to be able to apply this
to history as well as to parameters.  Or maybe it wouldn't ...