Re: Shell-word splitting (was: Re: Proposed _history completer)

On May 3,  9:16am, Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
} Subject: Re: Shell-word splitting (was: Re: Proposed _history completer)
}
} > Bart Schaefer wrote:
} >
} > > Hrm, again; maybe the way to do this is with a modifier rather than a
} > > flag.  :S is available, and it'd be kinda fun to be able to apply this
} > > to history as well as to parameters.  Or maybe it wouldn't ...
}
} I should have thought more about this yesterday...

So should I, apparently.

} Erm, the history modifier code only ever works on single words

Right.  Ah, well.  I still think a modifier might be less confusing than
a flag, particularly if we have to use a character like `=' for the flag,
but ...