Re: Let's do it RE: Should we backup this change? RE: Modifier substitutions.

> > The change went in in 6002.  It was followed in 6003 by a
> > change to allow
> > a leading double backslash to escape the delimiter.  So all
> > you need to
> > do is change uses of ${foo/$bar/...} into ${foo/\\$bar/...}
> > to avoid the
> > confusion.
>
> Unfortunately, it is so inconsistent, that I really suggest to backup
> it.

I'm quite happy to remove it which is easy.  Currently there's no simple
replacement in the case of _configure, however, because (#s) doesn't get
tokenized (the `#' didn't need to be, it was always recognised, hence the
need for quoting).  This would require the -s option to _arguments to do
some kind of globsubst thing, which may or may not be desirable.  I haven't
looked for any other uses of this feature.

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cambridge Silicon Radio, Unit 300, Science Park, Milton Road,