Re: zsh vs ftp

You need to create a file /etc/shells.  See the man page for its "virtual
contents" if it doesn't exist (I hate when they do that), then create one
with that content, and add /bin/zsh, /usr/local/bin/zsh, and/or wherever
you installed zsh.  This is a security issue, not allowing a person to ftp
in if they have a "strange" shell (i.e. the account might be locked or
secured by a special shell, or it might not even be a shell, so Solaris
considers this invalid unless it's a recognized shell in /etc/shells).

I belive one exists in Solaris 8 by default (and in fact zsh is shipped
with Solaris 8, and is in the /etc/shells file as well).

Jim