_path_files and glob qualifiers

zagzig[20] zstyle -L | grep completer
zstyle ':completion:*' completer _oldlist _expand _complete _match _ignored _approximate _prefix

At first I thought the following was a problem with _expand:

zagzig[21] echo *zshenv(D)
.zshenv zshenv
zagzig[22] ls *zshenv(D)<TAB>
zagzig[23] ls zshenv
Completing corrections
zshenv
Completing original
*zshenv(D)

Comparing an example that does work against the above via ^X?, I find that
the real problem is that on line 305, _path_files tests [[ ! -o globdots ]]
and therefore fails to generate dot-files as possible matches, even though
the pattern includes the glob-dots qualifier.

A potential solution is to change [[ "$PREFIX" = .* ]] on lines 305 and 311
to [[ "$PREFIX" = (.*|*\([^^]#D*\)) ]] or something like that, but I'm not
entirely sure if that's correct (particularly when there is a suffix).  It
might instead be necessary to test earlier and setopt localoptions globdots
if the qualifier is spotted.

But then there's the problem of generalizing to other qualifiers ...