Re: Zsh 3.0.8 and 3.1.9 released

On Jun 6,  9:44am, Trond Eivind=?iso-8859-1?q?_Glomsr=F8d?= wrote:
} Subject: Re: Zsh 3.0.8 and 3.1.9 released
}
} We've patched for this for ages (there's even a " @c Note to RedHat:
} Do NOT change this to @{@}.  It really should be @'@'."  in there.)
}
} The fix to this is to replace
}
} @set dsq @'@'
}
} with
}
} @set dsq ''
}
} Someone else obviously thinks different, but I would like to know why:

This was supposed to have been fixed; I apologize for it slipping through.

The problem is that @' previously expanded to ', but at some point this
was changed to make it an introducer for accented characters.

The problem is that when rendering into HTML, '' gets turned into a left
curly double quote.  So you can't use two ' without something between.

The correct change is the seemingly nonsensical:

@set dsq '@:'

which is what appears in the 3.1.9 zsh.texi.

} What you ship does not work.

It works fine with RedHat 5.2. :-}

And by the way, that gobbledygook in the "On ... wrote:" line is there
because either your MUA or some gateway between you and me is generating
invalid RFC2047 syntax in the comment part (real name) of your address.
There's supposed to be whitespace around each =?...?= token.  A correct
formulation would be either (Trond =?iso-8859-1?q?Eivind_Glomsr=F8d?=) or
(Trond Eivind =?iso-8859-1?q?Glomsr=F8d?=).