Re: Wordcode functions with empty bodies

> Placing some breakpoints in signals.c, I noticed a) that I think the
> memory handling there seems to be wrong and b) that I don't understand
> the control flow (again), so I don't dare to fiddle with it.
>
> About a): the freeeprogs() don't seem to get called. See also Felix'
> last memory leak message (11766), describing a memory leak there. So I
> think the eprog copied at line 675 somehow survives too long, is freed
> elsewhere (does signals.c really keep the original?) and later
> accessed. Or something. (In my reply to 11766 in 11796 I meant to say
> that maybe Peter should have a look at it, him probably being the only
> one who really understands what goes on in signals.c or what should go
> on...)

I don't, and never have, understood signal handling, I just rewrote the
trap handling rather minimally to implement localtraps, and have simplified
it at least twice since then, so it probably needs it again.  If you can
find a particular chunk of code which seems to be doing something wrong
(shorter than the complete traps test) I'll have a look at it sometime.

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cambridge Silicon Radio, Unit 300, Science Park, Milton Road,