Re: PATCH: Re: (forw) --help able programs and completion]

On Jun 27,  5:02pm, Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
> Subject: PATCH: Re: (forw) --help able programs and completion]
>
> Bart Schaefer wrote:
>
> > What I was expecting, for some reason, was that menu selection would start
> > immediately if there were more than N matches, not wait for the second TAB
> > that triggers automenu.
>
> Ah. No, but that's easy to add.

Er, thanks, but you didn't really need to add that; all I wanted was a
yes-or-no answer ...

> I used the same form as for `select', i.e. one can say `yes=3' to turn
> on menu completion when there are at least three matches.

Hrm.
	zstyle ':completion:*' menu 1=3

Does that look a bit strange to anyone else?

> Does anybody now want support for `no=3'?

Which would mean ...?

However, a plain-ol'-menu-completion variant of select=long-list might be
interesting.