Re: Zsh 3.1.{6,9} patches

> > Are you sure this is right?  ld and cc on this solaris system definitely
> > use -G, not -shared.
>
> He's probably got GNU binutils installed somewhere in his PATH before
> /usr/ccs/bin.  We should probably make configure check for GNU ld.

Presumably this also implies gcc, which we've already tested for.  I think
-shared is a standard option to gcc, so maybe it's enough always to used
-shared instead of -G in this case only.  I had a vague feeling there were
more gcc-specific tests in configure than there seem to be now, however, so
I'm a little disquieted.

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cambridge Silicon Radio, Unit 300, Science Park, Milton Road,