Re: spaceflag question; remhist() going away

On Mon, 17 Jul 2000, Peter Stephenson wrote:
> One possible reason for spaceflag might be that originally zsh kept
> lexical and literal history separately so might not have known if
> the first word began with a space.

My current theory is that the flag used to also be used in another
section of code that checked if any of the expanded aliases began with
a space.  I had no idea that this code existed before I removed it
from my local version.  Also, the code doesn't seem to work in the
versions of zsh that I have access to (a slightly modified 3.0.6 and
the very latest CVS version), so I don't plan to re-implement this
space-starting-alias functionality (at least, not right away).

..wayne..