Re: ZLE Widget: Insert last word (except &)

>Some time ago I found http://www.cs.ualberta.ca/~benjamin/AUI/,
>haven't had the time to really look at it yet. He's using a customized
>zsh to gather information about command usage to help prediction
>future commands.

Yeah, I've seen that and it looks really interesting.  I think it would be
really great if that could be incorporated into the main line of ZSH.
>From Ben's web page, it seems that he feels that his original design
could be done with a little scripting...  Also similar work was
done by Davison&Hirsh, who also used a modified version of zsh.

I also think reactive keyboard provides different functionality, that
could be used in conjunction with the Ben's stuff and Bart's predict
widget.  And an rk module would be pretty useful.  Currently it seems
like reactive keyboard main use is by folks with repetitive stress injuries
looking to do less typing.  I think combined with the new completion
system, this would be even more helpful for those folks.

-FR.

Some additional reading on command line prediction for folks who are
interested.
Davison & Hirsh have a few papers at:
        http://www.cs.rutgers.edu/~davison/pubs/ml.html

Extracting Behavioral Patterns from Relational History Data
        by    Hiroshi Motoda Takashi Washio Toshihiro Kayama
         The Inst. of Scientific and Industrial Research, Osaka University
        http://www.dfki.de/~bauer/um-ws/Final-Versions/Motoda/text.html

Greenberg did some early work in 1988, though I didn't find a version on the
web:
         Saul Greenberg. Using unix: Collected traces of 168 users.
         Research Report 88/333/45,
         Department of Computer Science,
         University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, 1988

        He also has a book:
        "The Computer User as Toolsmith: The Use, Reuse,
          and Organization of Computer-Based Tools"
         Cambridge Series on Human-Computer Interaction / Saul Greenberg
         1993 Cambridge University Press ISBN 0-521-40430-4

Reactive Keyboard by J. Darragh and I. Witten"
    Cambridge University Press. 1992
    (I think it may be out-of-print)

        Closest thing to home pages are:
                ftp://ftp.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/pub/projects/the.reactive.keyboard/
                http://www.cyberpass.net/~dummy/robert/software/rk.shtml