Re: Bug or feature?

Something ate the Subject line on this and ezmlm got upset.

----- Forwarded message from MAILER-DAEMON@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx -----

> no such version as 3.1.6.pws21 since I'd switched to using dev by then.  So

It is actually dev21 with a few patches.  The pws was retained because
"3.1.6.dev14" < "3.1.6pws13" according to Debian package management.
The hyphens need to disappear because the portion to the right of
the hyphen represents the Debian "delta".  Thus "3.1.6-dev-21" gets
munged to "3.1.6.pws21".

As for the state of the freeze, even a 'critical' or 'grave' bug isn't
going to change the fact that Debian 2.2 will ship with the aforementioned
non-version.

2.2r1 (or whatever inane thing the next "point" release ends up being called)
will have the latest and greatest 3.1.9 and 3.0.8, I'd wager.

----- End forwarded message -----