Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: Rpm completion problem
- X-seq: zsh-workers 12553
- From: "Bart Schaefer" <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: Wayne Davison <wayned@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Zsh Workers <zsh-workers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Rpm completion problem
- Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2000 19:08:41 +0000
- In-reply-to: <1000805170851.ZM22662@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <Pine.LNX.4.21.0008050021110.16035-100000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <1000805170851.ZM22662@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On Aug 5, 5:08pm, Bart Schaefer wrote:
} On Aug 5, 12:25am, Wayne Davison wrote:
} } I've noticed a problem in rpm completions when I specify the 'p'
} } (package file) option bunched up with other options.
} This was discussed in the thread referenced by zsh-workers/11752, and
} I think the patch in 11985 was supposed to provide a way to fix it, but
} _rpm never got updated.
The last word in that discussion appears to have been Sven, do you
recall whether you every did anything specific to this?
I remarked in 11742:
} Currently _rpm uses `-p+' as the spec for the -p option. That means that
} anything that will follow the -p (including package file name) is allowed
} to appear in the same word, or in the next word.
} If we remove the `+', then "rpm -qpc" doesn't match the spec `-p', and so
} completion doesn't enter the `package_file' state -- it instead enters the
} `package_or_file' state (the default spec from the `query' state).
This is no longer the problem; remove the `+' and `rpm -qpc <TAB>' completes
package file names exactly as it should. However, `rpm -qp<TAB>' inserts a
space rather than completing `c' et al.
Based on my exchange with Sven as quoted in 11793, I'd say that _rpm needs
another ->state in order to handle bunched query options following -qp, or
at least that the package_file state needs to be tweaked somehow. In the
meantime, if you don't mind having to make `p' be the last option in any
bunch beginning with `-q', just remove the `+' on line 62 of _rpm.
Bart Schaefer Brass Lantern Enterprises
Zsh: http://www.zsh.org | PHPerl Project: http://phperl.sourceforge.net
Messages sorted by: