Zsh 3.1.9 on HP-UX 10.20/11.0

Hello:

Quite some time ago I reported a bug in Zsh where I was unable to use 3.1.6
on HP-UX 11.0 when the binary was built on a 10.20 machine.  The cursor
would essentially scroll wildly and the tty was hung.

Our 11.0 deployment was delayed, so I didn't pursue the problem any
further.  I recently downloaded 3.1.9 and built it on 10.20 (for forward
compatibility).  I can now login with this version of Zsh (thanks!).
However, the cursor is behaving a little strangely.  When I hit backspace,
the cursor advances as if I typed a <space>.  ^U doesn't seem to clear the
line either (well, it does, but the clear isn't reflected visually in the
tty).

I was wondering if anyone could offer any suggestions?  Unfortunately, it's
not feasible to configure my wrappers to use a different Zsh for different
versions of HP-Ucks.

Notes:

I'm using HPs performance C compiler to compile Zsh, not gcc.  I have my
own TERMINFO database I'm using for Thomas Dickey's color xterm.  My stty
settings appear to be identical on HP-UX 10.20 and 11.0.

I'm not on this mailing list, so please Cc: me on any replies you want me
to see.

Thanks!

-Clint