Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: trivial patch to _rlogin to make rcp complete more like scp
- X-seq: zsh-workers 13172
- From: "Bart Schaefer" <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: "E. Jay Berkenbilt" <ejb@xxxxxx>, zsh-workers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: trivial patch to _rlogin to make rcp complete more like scp
- Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2000 16:50:24 +0000
- In-reply-to: <200011181537.KAA06383@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <200011181537.KAA06383@xxxxxxxxxxx>
On Nov 18, 10:37am, E. Jay Berkenbilt wrote:
} scp file hostTAB
} where host is something that unambiguously completes to a host, scp
} adds a colon to the end of the host. If you then hit space, the colon
} If you do the same with rcp, the colon disappears after a space. The
} same thing goes with user@.
} I think that keeping the colon is the Right Thing (TM) since it
} actually means something.
} I'm not convinced that this is the right behavior with the @.
I'm pretty sure it's not the right behavior with @.
} The only way I could figure this out was to do a careful comparison
} between the _rlogin and _ssh code. The -q flag to _alternative seems
} to be either missing from the documentation or very well hidden.
} _alternative \
} 'files:: _files' \
} - 'hosts:: _rlogin_all_hosts -qS:' \
} - 'users:: _rlogin_users -qS@' && ret=0
} + 'hosts:: _rlogin_all_hosts -S:' \
} + 'users:: _rlogin_users -S@' && ret=0
The -q and -S flags are inside quotation marks; they're not flags to
_alternative, they're flags to _rlogin_all_hosts and _rlogin_users,
which eventually pass them to _combination which passes them to compadd.
This is documented in info, but the comment at the top of _combination
is wildly out of date, particularly with respect to what it says about
how _telnet calls _combination.
Bart Schaefer Brass Lantern Enterprises
Zsh: http://www.zsh.org | PHPerl Project: http://phperl.sourceforge.net
Messages sorted by: