RE: S_IXUSR & Co macro problem - zsh does not compile under current cygwin.

> On Apr 27, 12:27pm, Andrej Borsenkow wrote:
> }
> } #if defined (__CYGWIN__) && !defined (__INSIDE_CYGWIN__)
> } extern unsigned const _cygwin_S_IEXEC, _cygwin_S_IXUSR,
> _cygwin_S_IXGRP, _cygwin_S_IXOTH;
>
> Do we need to fix this in zsh, or do you think it'll be treated as a bug
> by the cygwin folks?

If I understand the following correctly , it was deliberate change:

>SUS does not clear specify if these macros should be #defines. But, is it
>necessary to make them external variables? const is real const in C++ but not
>in C, sigh.

Nope, not necessary at all.

This is just part of a massive "Arbitrarily make everything a global variable"
campaign.  Phase two will be to have Cygwin prompt you for the values of
the variables whenever you want to use them.

-andrej