Re: Lockup on tab completion with compinit+list_packed

Bart Schaefer wrote:

> On May 6,  4:51pm, Andreas Ferber wrote:
> } Subject: Lockup on tab completion with compinit+list_packed
> }
> } Recently zsh totally locked up using 100% CPU on doing a tab
> } completion.
> }
> } I can reproduce this actually with (running zsh -f):
> }
> } kallisto% echo $ZSH_VERSION
> } 3.1.9-dev-8
>
> That version is pretty old.  I'm unable to reproduce this with 4.0.1-pre-3.

The same for me. We had some changes in that code not too long ago and
if I remember correctly, one was making it faster and another one fixed
a bug with a potentially endless loop (and I even seem to remember that
that was triggered by completion string that were so long that the shell
couldn't use more than one column).

Bye
  Sven