RE: Serious problem with job control and functions

> This must be related to the patch from 14327.
>
> I have a shell function:
>
>     man () {
>         command man $* | less -ais
>     }
>
> I discovered today that if I suspend this function with control-Z, it
> vanishes entirely from the job tables and the `man' and `less' commands,
> though stopped, are orphaned.

I am not sure if it is releated but I recently found that using some shell
functions in xterm window on Mandrake cooker kills this window. It was funny
to see xterm disappearing after 'prompt -p bart' :-) It may be related to
some signal handling/job control. The Mandrake distro corresponds to
4.0.1-pre-5.

-andrej