Re: ehh... zsh: correct 'cvs' to '_cvs' [nyae]? n

Peter Stephenson wrote:

> "Bart Schaefer" wrote:
> > On Jul 11,  1:30pm, Andrew Markebo wrote:
> > } aes@NOCTURN:Jul04<130> cvs --help-options
> > } zsh: correct 'cvs' to '_cvs' [nyae]? n
> >
> > Aside to zsh-workers:  Regardless of the above, this really shouldn't
> > happen.  I'd hate to suggest special-casing a leading underscore in the
> > correction code.  Other possibilities?
>
> Well, the *real* fix is to make the correction code use the completion
> system to generate corrections and do it with shell functions.  But I
> suspect that's a huge amount of work, since the completion system is
> heavily tied into zle.

I've been thinking about this ever since we added correction to the
completion system...  There's another problem, namely: where to make it
try correction.  After each word, but what exactly is a word here.  And
what about things like `../$foo/bar' -- it might be that it's the `$foo'
that really should be `Foo' or whatever.

Very complicated that.

Bye
  Sven