Re: X forwarding on sourceforge

"Andrej Borsenkow" wrote:
> bor@itsrm2% cvs up
> Warning: Remote host denied X11 forwarding, perhaps xauth program could not
> be run on the server side.
>
> Do others get it as well? Is anybody in touch with SF maintainers?

I assume this it's deliberate that ssh is not set up to handle X11
forwarding --- it's always been like this with interactive logins.  It's
possible they've just noticed this wasn't happening on the CVS port.  The
warning is from the local ssh; in this case it obviously doesn't need X11
forwarding, so the bug is really that it bothers testing and warning you,
because CVS isn't passing the right flags to ssh.

I've got rid of this by pointing CVS_RSH at the following scriptlet:

  #!/bin/sh
  ssh -x "$@"

CSR Ltd., Unit 300, Science Park, Milton Road,
Cambridge, CB4 0XL, UK                          Tel: +44 (0)1223 392070

and/or privileged material.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or
taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by
prohibited.
delete the material from any computer.