Correction oddity

Can anybody (I can think of one possible candidate) explain what's going
on here?  I'm getting it with `appletviewer name<TAB>' (since this will
try to complete URLs and attempt to correct anything you type to the
appropriate form) which is using _java for completion, which is in turn
calling _urls.  This is from a completion debugging trace; I've wrapped
it by hand where the backslash is:

compadd:13:> compadd -M m:{a-zA-Z}={A-Za-z} -M corrections \
-X Completing corrections -M r:|[_-]=* r:|=* -D equal -
compadd:compadd:13: unknown match specification character `c'

Where did that -M before `corrections' come from?  That should be a -J,
I believe.  I've looked at the compadd function defined in _approximate,
the _urls function (we're at line 74,

    while _next_label prefixes expl 'URL prefix' -S '' "$@"; do

which looks innocuous) and thus far am none the wiser.  The matcher list
looks like

zstyle ':completion:*' matcher-list 'm:{a-zA-Z}={A-Za-z}' 'r:|[.,_-]=** r:|=**'

as you could probably guess.

I can send more detail but it's awfy large and I hope it's reproducible.
--
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Work: pws@xxxxxxx