RE: zsh: fatal error: out of memory

My mistake.. the file size should have been 168560 bytes
not k bytes...

By "type of problem", I assumed the problem is in the sheer
size of the history file.  I did not realize the format
is different than what zsh expects.

The shell history file would have been created from ksh.
It looks like ksh is used as a default shell for all the
users on that box..

Monty