print -z (Re: PATCH: printf builtin)

On Sep 21,  5:13pm, Oliver Kiddle wrote:
}
} Bart Schaefer wrote:
} >
} > There is a bit of an issue with respect to combining with -s and -z, as
} > those at present imply -n, and -z also implies -r
}
} And, as far as I can tell -z doesn't imply -r.

Hmm, the doc says:

    -z
          Push the arguments onto the editing buffer stack, separated
          by spaces; no escape sequences are recognized.

The above is correct for zsh 2.4, but not for zsh 3.0 or later.  I'm
not sure exactly when it became wrong.  Does anyone remember whether
the change in behavior was intentional (and the doc simply forgotten),
or was this an accident and we should repair it to match the doc?