Re: New long/short option listing

martin.ebourne@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I've upgraded to 4.1.0-dev-1 and would like to make use of the new grouping
> of long & short options in completion listings I saw discussed on this list
> a while ago.
>
> I've looked for the list-group style as mentioned in the original patch but
> can't find it anywhere. Is this change included in 4.1.0-dev-1? If so, how
> can I activate it? (This is actually the main reason I upgraded, so I'm
> hoping it is!)

You should get 4.1.0-dev-2 which is out now. I'm not sure whether the
change is in dev-1 (I struggled to find the ChangeLog entry) but most of
the changes to completion functions to make use of it are definitely
after dev-1.

Once you've got dev-2, you shouldn't need to do anything special to
enable the feature. Just try completing GNU grep or ls options (for
example) to see that it is working.

Oliver

http://www.messagelabs.com/stats.asp