zsh 4.0.4 crashes when PATH unset

Hi,
I have found a crash bug in zsh 4.0.4 compiled under Linux. When PATH is unset and I try doing completion after typing '~/' the shell gives a seg fault.

I have the following options set:
autocd noautoparamslash autopushd autoresume nobgnice cdablevars correct correctall extendedglob globdots histexpiredupsfirst histignoredups interactive longlistjobs mailwarning menucomplete pushdignoredups pushdminus pushdsilent pushdtohome rcquotes recexact shinstdin

I have an strace output if anyone is interested. Please reply directly as I'm not on this list.

-Pascal