Re: Per command _redirect completion

On Feb 27, 10:35am, Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
}
} I wrote:
}
} > I would try to make compdef and parts of _normal (and probably
} > _complete) generic enough to use an assoc given as argument, so that
} > we get the pattern and services stuff.

I like this idea a lot, now that I've had a chance to digest it fully.

} - I wished there were an easier way than to use `${(e):-...}' in so
}   many places. Sigh.

We'd need namerefs; ${(P)...} doesn't cut it for hashes.  You could use
`eval' in a few places, I think, but not all of them.