64bit Zsh for Solaris?

Greg Price writes:

 > My problem is that I need a 64 bit version (i.e. compiled to produce a 64
 > bit binary) for Solaris. I've tried both the Sun compiler (which I would
 > prefer to use) and the GNU C compiler; zsh compiles fine, but it fails a
 > number of the tests in the test suite.

As said before you don't really need 64bit binary but you can do it if
you like.

file /usr/local/bin/zsh
/usr/local/bin/zsh:     ELF 64-bit MSB executable SPARCV9 Version 1, dynamically linked, stripped

Here is what I did with zsh 4.0.4
CC=cc ./configure --enable-cflags='-xO4 -xarch=v9' --enable-ldflags='-xO4 -xarch=v9'

  Tomppa