Re: Using zsh in gcc compilation

On Thu, Sep 19, 2002 at 01:15:07PM +0100, Peter Stephenson wrote:
> Maybe we're getting closer after all... can you run
>   build_tooldir=/usr/local/sparc-sun-solaris2.6
>   ./xgcc -B./ -B$build_tooldir/bin/ -isystem $build_tooldir/include \
> -isystem $build_tooldir/sys-include --print-multi-lib

Yes, this is the command that set these values in MULTILIB.
'./xgcc --print-multi-lib' gives the output '.;' and
'./xgcc -B./ --print-multi-lib' gives '.;' 'on;@on'

but executing this command with bash produces the same output, so i'm not
sure if we're in the right path to tracking down the error...

> this point, possibly not.  (Possibly GCC_FOR_TARGET is different at this
> point; that's everything from ./xgcc up to sys-include, in which case
> this might not be the right argument.  If you can see a value of
> GCC_FOR_TARGET being passed down into the system at that point, that's
> the one to use.)

GCC_FOR_TARGET is xgcc, the error always happens when stage1 is finishing.

Maybe my guess is wrong, but after looking at the logs of a successful compiling
with bash, the only difference between in the commands preceding this error was
the additional -on in the xgcc command. After that, libgcc.map is empty, and
the option --version-script passed to the last xgcc fails.

--
David Gómez

"The question of whether computers can think is just like the question of
 whether submarines can swim." -- Edsger W. Dijkstra